Thursday 14 January 2010

Sound Animation First test

Tried out my sound waves animation today for its first test, the final outcome is good but could do with certain areas changing. The stitch per frame technique works well, but because of the change in size of the stitches the fabric began to curl up part way through. This meant it wasn't lying flat so it effected the image. I've thought of two solutions, either I use a embroidery hoop to keep the fabric flat and tight or I change the stitch sizes and use a thicker heavier fabric so it wont curl as easy. Either way I'm going back tomorrow to give it another whirl as I am happy with the concept and idea its just a few technicalities that need to be sorted.
I'm also thinking about changing the beginning so that the stitch starts in the centre of the frame rather than on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment