Thursday 13 August 2009

Coco avant Chanel


I went to see Coco avant Chanel last night, written and directed by Anne Fontaine and starring the beautiful Audrey Tautou. The film documents the life of Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel before she became the legend that we all know about, it revealed a lot of things I think most people wouldn't of know about. Like the fact Coco started off producing hats and was seen as an anarchist of her time by deciding to not wear a corset. The film is beautifully shot and at times I wanted certain moments to become still so I could look at them longer, such as the shot of Coco from behind standing on the beach. All in all a gorgeous film but a bit of a chick flick, glad it was in french.
Oh and I loved the stripey top she comes back from the seaside wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment